Re: Re:Part Throttle! What's that?

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Re:Part Throttle! What's that?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:17:44 -0500
Well Tom... I know you hit that little button as well..... So what happens
then? and what would you call it?

Amazing deal.... I remember having the same issue at Muroc.... all the Hp I
needed, but had to figure out how to put it to the ground.... it was a nice
problem to have.... seems like it worked out pretty well in the end too.

205.858 on a 171 record and 5 others in the class with a best of 187mph...
And significant elevation in the seat all the way back to Bama..... Life is
GOOD... nice memory ....thanks Tom.... I needed that......

As for the rules.... they beeeee.... what they is......  I'm submitting my
changes...for next year...

Keith

----------
> From: Thomas E. Bryant <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: ardunbill@webtv.net; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re:Part Throrrle! What's that?
> Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 9:07 AM
>
> Keith,
>
> See what happens when you make too much HP! I don't have those kinds of
> problems, its pedal to the metal from start to finish.
>
> Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC
>
> PS: I finally got my rule book, I apologize for my previous comments, I
> really thought that the Rules Committee had more foresight. Can't
> understand forcing cars into classes for which they weren't built.
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
>
> > Bill I think I messed up and didn't delete the trailer on the end of
that
> > message.  So I'm going to copy my reply here....
> >
> > At Maxton I'm right there with you.... WOT or Off.... but the salt just
> > doesn't have the same traction level.... it can't always take the
Torque