V8 Bike motors

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: V8 Bike motors
From: Ed Lutz <edlutz@laverdajota.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:00:11 -0600
Here's the link to the Australian V8 builder. Its Ian Drysdale. He was
trying to get this motor ready to run in the new MotoGP series but
couldn't pull enough backing.

http://home.mira.net/~iwd/

And her is his link to sounds of the Drysdale V8 and the Guzzi V8.

http://home.mira.net/~iwd/av/sound.html

On the other V8. Moto Guzzi did an V8, MV did triples and fours mostly.
Laverda also did a V6 but only raced it once. Nice motor that Laverda
V6. In 1978, early in its development it cranked out 140hp at
11,800rpm. That wasn't bad at all for 1978 and it was thought that with
some more work 160bhp could be had.

Ed