Re: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:23:20 -0500
Neil that is the same thing Ted Wenz is using on his Small Block McCrae
(sp) and I think it's a Can Am Car... shoot I saw all this stuff last
Thursday when I picked up the Rodeck at Road Atlanta from Teddy...
wonderful guy by the way.. if anyone wants the best there is.... Marcovicci
and Wenz Engineering is right up there,  and Ted loves Bville so prices
aren't cheap but they are BUNCH less then he charges those Indy car
guys....

Basically what I saw was a distributor based unit that sequentially opened
ports in a barrel and had some kinda throttle linkage attached... Ted took
the time to explain the operation of it to me but I'm way short of the
knowledge to teach you how it works. I just know it looked cool ... and
from what I understand if your STUCK without EFI it might be the way to
go....

>From what I understand you need to bring your checkbook to that dance thou
as it's 12k or around there for a new one...

Keith

----------
<dseely@sginet.com>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide InjectorThrottlePla
tes .........
> Date: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:27 AM
>
> Keith;
>
> Your mention of seeing the "ultimate in Mechanical injection" reminded me
of
> the setup on Bob Peckham's McLaren M8C Can- Am car back in '72 & '73. It
ran
> a Chevy aluminum big- block built by George Bolthoff and it used Lucas
timed
> injection. A fuel distributor fed 8 injectors in a Crower FI manifold
that
> sported big stacks. It was probably one of the most advanced mechanical
FI