Maxton report?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton report?
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:18:19 -0400
   What can I say, we had a blast,as we accomplished our goal of going
175mph or better with a 179.15 run and I think it has only cost us a head
gasket due to my error. I spun the tires hard in second gear and let off the
throttle but did not release the nitrous button first as I was holding onto
the steering wheel too hard trying to correct the movement of the car and
kept my thumb on the button. The weather held out for us and we received
very very generous assistance from Keith Turk, which I won't forget, and the
Waddel(sp?)  Brothers . Of my three trips to Maxton so far this one was the
best. The support and kind words we received from everyone was much
appreciated. It was also the first time I was able to relax enough to
appreciate what it really takes by the volunteers to put this show on and
what some of the others are doing with their cars and bikes. Thanks to the
whole organization, John and Joe and Lionel, everyone!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back
next year to try for 185mph.
Scott