Re: "moon" discs

To: "john robinson" <john@engr.wisc.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "moon" discs
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:28:43 -0500
Pretty close John.... basically what I did was cut a 1 and a half inch slot
just below the hole that the dzus button goes in... about 3 inches long...
then I set the tabs on the disc... so what you have is three tabs mounted
to a disc with the metal exposed where it touches the rim.... then I tacked
the tabs on the wheels and took off the disc and did the final welding....
 in my case on my wheels I set it up so that the tab had to be bent 1/4 of
an inch and that allowed a bit more welding surface on the rim....

Works great... never had an issue... and I don't have to mess with those
nasty little screws...

You will love it...