Re: V-Rated Tire; modular rims

To: Allen Young <riveroak@cncnet.com>, Rick Hammond
Subject: Re: V-Rated Tire; modular rims
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
 I ran a Firestone automobile slick on a Yamaha 15" wheel when I dragged bikes.
 The tire opening was very, very tight on the rim.  It took almost 100 PSI and
STP for lubricant to pop it on the rim, then when I decided to change it, after
three days of straining and sweating, I finally resorted to a die grinder to
get the tire off the rim.  My guess is, if you tried to put a motorcycle tire
on a car rim, it would be a little loose.  I know I would not try it.  I'd
adapt some motorcyle rims to the car first.  BUT, remember the load rating on
motorcycle tires and rims.  I'd sure write up a long, detailed description of
what I was going to do, and what kind of car I was going to put it on, and send
it to the rules/tech guys at SCTA/ECTA before I spent a lot of time and effort
putting the combo together.  They might let you run motorcycle wheels and tires
on a light roadster or a small lakester, but my guess is you'd get sent home if
you tried to roll them on anything much heavier.
Dick J
In East Texas
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience