Re: bike question

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Subject: Re: bike question
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:56:20 -0500
OK thanks. If you remember the bike from the 2001 Speed Week, I had an old
'60s race fairing on it. I'm hoping to add to it, trying to make it more
aero, am looking for some type of belly pan, and better tail feathers...I
know if I lost weight, that would help too, but.......I think I'll have
another beer or two while I consider it.....

At 11:29 AM 5/29/02, you wrote:
>While I am not the authority,   YES it is legal,
>as it satisfies the front fender rule,  180 degrees
>of the circumference of the wheel must be visible
>
>Joe :)
>
>john robinson wrote:
>
> >Howdy,
> >  I have a front fender for a Yamaha RD 350, it is similar to the one
> >pictured in the 2002 rule book showing that laydown streamlined sidecar
> >bike. I have phoned Dale Martin to find out if it is legal in MPS class but
> >have had no returned phone calls from him. anybody got the correct answer?

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001