Trailer Maintenence

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailer Maintenence
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:33:52 -0500
Okay just a thought.... we gotta get these race cars somewhere in or on
something.... I took a Healey to a buddy's down in Florida here a while back
and noticed I'd broken one of the rear hinges at the bottom of the ramp
door..... No big thing right.... I have welders.... Break out the Mig and
stick that sucker back together again.... Just like Humpty dumpty... only I
did it closed.... then I found out WHY the sucker was broke in the first
place...Yep... the little hinge met our friend Mr Rust.... memeber him...
Hmmm okay.... so lets re-evaluate what I just said.... welded it in the
closed position.... with a rusted hinge... hmmm  bet that sucker is Now
secure from Vandles.... Not a bad call if you want your stuff to be safe....
but a little hard to load the car from the side door.... I was thinking
maybe we need a side ramp or something.... Oh hell nevermind... anyway....
here is what I did to solve the minor glitch... Cut the weld.... took my
badest Rosebud tip on a gas torch and proceeded to melt the rust away....
this says nothing bout any blisters gained trying to work it free with the
5lb sledge does it?   Perfect....

Now I'm going to reweld it and maybe even install a grease fitting that
isn't plugged up.... Hmmm interesting idea eh?

Keith ( hey ... what I'm the only person willing to tell on them self? )