Re: Metal Prep

To: "W S Potter" <wester6935@attbi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Metal Prep
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:19:19 -0500
Hey Now.... wait a minute... the shiny side actually looks semi shiny...
just like it was painted in a real shop... only I improvised in my Drive...
me and the egg in a shadow box....

In all honesty I did it with a two part primer that was wonderful... easy
sanding and it actually filled those deep scratches from the 36 grit paper I
used to prep the car....  ( okay rough in body work )  seriously... I didn't
get much past 100 paper before I shot the primer ...( it's from PPG by the
way... just ask for the best primer they have ) after that I hit the primer
with 400 and called it a day....  Just used a PPG enamal and added a hardner
to it.... stuff has been great... maybe a bit to thick...so it chips a
bit... but it's fine for a driveway special....

Keith ( kinda like a buddy of mine says bout his welding... you don't have
to be a good painter... but if you aren't you better be Dang good with the
finishing touches... and if I can't do anything I can buff a car... seems 2
yrs doing paint work part time helps out now and again...)