Re: LA Roadster show

To: Dan <dwarner@electrorent.com>, land speed
Subject: Re: LA Roadster show
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:42:22 -0700
on 6/17/02 9:06 AM, Dan at dwarner@electrorent.com wrote:

> Did you see Jeff Decker with the full size bronze he did of the streamlined
> Harley that Joe Petralli rode to Daytona records?  It's now on it's way to
> the permanent home in Northern California.  Also USFRA Treasurer Hugh
> Coltharp was there with a lot of restored (and nicely done at that) Model A
> Ford accessories.
> ***********************************
>
> Yes I did see the piece by Jeff. It's huge! I didn't ask the weight. I saw
> Hugh's pickup but missed him - too many things to see, a lot of walking. I got
> about a month's worth of cardio workout in.
>
> DW

Dan,

The bronze is hollow of course, but with the dead weight I'm sure it takes
some major maneuvering to get it into place.  In some places it's over 1/2"
thick on the walls.  At least the original can be rolled ... obviously this
one doesn't work that way.

It's been an interesting sequence to see the progression of the piece.
We're lucky that there are several fine art foundries in the Provo area.
Gives a chance to watch the whole thing from armature and clay to finished
bronze.  I have sequential photos of several of Stan Wanlass' heroic size
bronzes.  Now they are in place in Oregon, Pennsylvania , Lehi, UT and soon
in Hawaii for the latest one now in progress.

Of course we all know how talented this group of auto enthusiasts can be.
Some can just make a living at it instead of spending their hard earned
money.

Wes