Re: just implemented rule

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: just implemented rule
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:02:11 -0500
Howdy, still no answer to my question on this new Net rule. Dan, you out
there?

howdy,
The just implemented rule:

All closed cars must have full door coverage: full net or net/panel /member
combination.

My car #3388 has no openable doors, just a roof hatch. Do I have to install
a net over the hatch? I already have full nets inside the cage to the sides
of the driver, where the doors would be, if they opened. The arm restraints
hold the drivers hands within the cage area, and, in the past, have been
accepted as adequate under the previous rules during the safety inspection.
Is there anything additional I need to do to pass Inspection?

Thanks, drive careful....

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
       Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                  Bonneville Salt Flats
           H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                  131.333 MPH set 1995
                  136.666 MPH set 1996
                  140.292 MPH set 2000
                  144.396 MPH set 2000
       MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                     95.193 MPH set 2001