RE: Metal expoxy?

To: "'Ed Lutz'" <edlutz@laverdajota.com>,
Subject: RE: Metal expoxy?
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:47:33 -0700
Ask Ed Van Scoy.  He set a record in B/GT at 224+ with the radiator held
together with JB Weld.  Available most everywhere.  Comes in quick setting
and the traditional type.

Dale C.

                Subject:        Metal expoxy?

                Does anyone know of any epoxy like material that can be used
to repair
                a broken cast aluminum part? The part in question is a thin
casting
                used as a bracket to hold a saddle bag mount on a motorcycle
and from
                what I've been told is a bit of a pain to weld due to its
metallic mix
                and size. Just looking for any possible alternatives. The
break occurred
                across a bolt hole so I need to be able to drill or
otherwise clear
                the hole, which is open on both sides, after fixing the
part. I also
                will want to fill the back of the casting a bit (its hollow
backed
                now) to help increase its strength.

                Thanks,

                Ed
                Loveland, CO.

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..