Morgan 3-wheeler power

To: Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan 3-wheeler power
From: rtmack@concentric.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:26:45 -0500
Jerry, Dale:
been following this thread, but couldn't respond due to email problems.

I think Dale's guess (that the engine is a JAP-- J.A. Prestwick) is the
best guess.  It fits the description "looks like a Harley"  the best (to
me, like an early Sportster on steroids).  Also, it sounds like a car
from the 30s, and a big percentage of those were built with JAP power.
However, Morgan used several other V-twins... including Blackburne,
Matchless, and one that looks to me to be an AJS.  They even imported a
few MAG (Motosacoche) engines from Switzerland.  And I've heard of one
that was raced with a Vincent Rapide engine-- although I doubt that it
came from the factory that way!

P.S. to Dale:
that old panhead project will be fun, when you get to it.  Like me,
looks like you're trying to prioritize the racing stuff, for now.  Hope
to see you at WoS, since it looks like I won't have my act together for
Speedweek.

Russ Mack