Re: Traction Control/concept of LSR long..

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: Traction Control/concept of LSR long..
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:40:09 +1000
(Roll up roll up for the magical mystery tour) Beatles
ladies and gents on the right we have the traditionalists great bunch of guys,
good arguments for maintaining the status quo (what was before ,is and will
be) very high moment of inertia , a large amount of torque needed to convince
them to change direction
on the left we have the technocrats ,salt of the earth , noble arguments for
progress (dynamic imperative ) highly charged plasma in flux, its a real drag
to be held back
have we finally meet an irresistible force meeting an immovable object ? me
thinks not kind sir.
essay a possible solution  by a dumb arce Aussie
once upon a time in a far off land where there was far to much stress and
dissent where everyone was far to serious and competitive  and fun was a
listed endangered species were all were forced to bow to that green rectangle
( in this god we trust ) there was a small band of misfits ,nuts and
certifiable loony tunes who gathered at certain times of the year to burn
large amounts of hydrocarbons on fields of sodium chloride ( which legend has
it was formed eons ago when two waring tribes the acids fought to the death
each man the alkalies I read it in the litmus paper) anyway they had a proud
tradition of a game called LSR the object of which was to see who could try to
compress the  air in front of a solid object (a guy called mac while sitting
on the can having a Brownian  motion thought to himself  self I reckon when
the ratio of the speed of our solid object in air and the speed of sound in
the same medium equals one ,but he never finished his thought as there was a
loud bang and our earnest mac passed on ) now these good friends got to
arguing about spinning black rubber hoops which was happening from time to
time some said we gotta stop this from happening but others said ancient lore
forbade any thing which would stop it ,so they went to a wise man who
suggested maybe they have another class plenty already where anything was
possible ,those who wanted to try new ideas could and those who were happy
with what was could play there game ,they all shook their heads and said what
a bloody good idea cobber .
Gary