ECTA Meet

To: bigsid@webtv.net, bk185@lafn.org (marco), bjgayle@aol.com,
Subject: ECTA Meet
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:04:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks, just got back from Maxton.  Got to visit with Bill Smith and
Jon & Nancy Wennerberg of this List, Bill came in from Texas to see the
Meet, and helped Keith Turk run his two rides.  Jon was riding his very
handsome unblown gas Kawasaki ZX-12 about 192 mph yesterday, and hopes
for even more speed when he can get some racing cams in it, and get his
racing electronics installed.

Willie Glass had his new Ardun engine, with Ferguson Ardun heads and
Ferguson Ardun Injector, running unblown gas Ardun Roadster, and I heard
he made two identical runs at 172 mph.  The word is he will be at
Bonneville this year to have a crack at the 177 mph Evans-Osborn Ardun
Gas Roadster record.  Seems like these Arduns just go faster and faster.
Needless to say, Willie was using one of those 1935 Vertex mags.

It was one roasting hot day out there yesterday, I don't know what the
air temp was, but the humidity must have been 100%!  Bill