Re: Cold Fire instead of Halon

To: "Higginbotham Land Speed Racing" <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: Re: Cold Fire instead of Halon
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:12:20 +1000
Skip
All fire suppressant agents with the exception of water produce toxic gasses
when exposed to heat and decompose the problem arrises when for what ever
reason there is insufficient agent to extinguish  the fire in the first
instant ,this agent reacts and breaks down into simpler compounds most of
which are not compatible for sustaining human life
personally the only thing I will use in a confined space is either a
surfactant i.e. cold fire or artic fire or AFFF aqueous film forming foam and
in a quantity sufficient to extinguish the calculated fuel load  , though I am
experimenting with high pressure water mist at present and if successful will
produce a cheap and safe system which is also environmentally friendly
Gary