Neighbor going to the Salt

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Neighbor going to the Salt
From: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:31:21 -0400
I picked up this mornings newspaper to find an article on someone that lives
fairly close to me going to the salt.  I did not know there was someone this
close making an effort. His name is Mike Welch. This will be his second time
on the salt. Last time was 2 years ago when he ran time only. He has built
an A/GMR car number appears to be 8787. I have never seen him at Maxton even
as close as we live to it. If someone does happen to run across him in the
pits or at the line please tell him about the email list and the web site.
He will also have with him Gene Fulton as his tuner and engine man. Gene
Fulton is one of the more respected drag race engine builders here in South
Carolina and it will be his first trip to the salt. I am curious to see how
well they do with this new car. The newspaper painted it very
optimistically. We all know how things go for new cars.

Bill