Re: Us at Home

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Us at Home
From: QuikslvrJ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:41:31 EDT
Hi,

I am also at home this week, but unfortunately I don't really know what I'm
missing. I became fascinated with the sport a week after last years Speed
Week, so I've yet to attend. But I follow the updates and pictures/videos
religiously.

I've spent several years road racing both cars and motorcycles - so there are
alot of concepts in the high-speed area that goes against what I've been
doing. :o)  Its been an interesting learning experience.

This week I begun stripping the interior out of my Honda Civic (hopefully
it'll be ready for 2003 season). The new suspension is on its way, and
several of the ignition pieces.

Does anyone know if there are ever any events in the Black Rock Desert
(seeing how I'm only 2 hours away)? I'm aware of the occasional record
attempts, but anything for the hobbyist?