RE: Tonneau Cover ?

To: "'DrMayf'" <drmayf@teknett.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tonneau Cover ?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:05:05 -0500
Mayf;

I agree with Doug. Thickness would depend on how stiff the final piece must
be; this is influenced by how long an unsupported span you have, whether you
have a compound curve, and whether you can put stiffening ribs on the
underside of the tonneau cover. Of course, the thicker the aluminum, the
harder it is to form and the higher the $.

In general, I'd guess that something around 0.040 to 0.060" might be
suitable if you can put in a few stiffening ribs or beads. Ditto for your
water tank, providing it's not too big. Corrosion resistance is a
consideration for a water tank; weldability might be, too, if you plan to
attach bungs.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ