Black Rock and other

To: "answer landracing" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Black Rock and other
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Thomas Graf)
Date: 20 Aug 2002 20:31 GMT
Hi Folks,

some information to Black Rock - I was there 83/96/97.

Forget Black Rock for wheel driven vehicles, the ground is dry mud with a 1/4
to an 1 inch thick dust cover - if you like you can use a vaccum cleaner - but
the wind will fill up the clean area before come you to the measured mile.
Nolan White was there (after Richard Noble)and he left very disappoint the
Playa.

There is no chance to get the grip you need to go fast.

Also the BLM like to have now $30 000 for the okay for 3-4 weeks - in 97 Craig
and Richard pays together $5 000(!).

To Rick - Jim True picked with his 253 record last year not only the class 5 -
he crashed all records up to class 9, class 10 is by the Danny Boy from 99,
class 11 are Bob & Bill Summers.
The FIA list is sometimes very confusing, also not 100% right - why is Al
Teague and Bob Summers is showing in the some group - Al is blown and Bob is
unblown.

To Nolan, when he passed me close to the end of the pavement, I think he was
still running on 4 proper wheels, what I mean - the car shows no turning down
on the right front.

To Craig Breedlove, the dike is still there, just on the east side of the
bridge where you drive over to come to the gas station (way out to the salt).
Got only less water in.

See ya

Pork Pie