Dry lake bed

To: John Szalay <john.szalay@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Dry lake bed
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:24:50 -0700 (PDT)
What, California give you a hassle over driving on a dry lake bed which is
located in a conservation area???  I can't believe that.  They would just
requirea $50,000 non-refundable environmental non-disturbance deposit; you'd
have to run with OEM catalytic converters and mufflers; the car would have to
not emit more than four decibels of sound; you would be restricted to tires
with a four square foot contact patch; you would have to limit your speed to
less than raising dust speed, and you would have to rake over all tire tracks
when you were done.  And then they would add strick restrictions that you
wouldn't know about until AFTER your run!
Dick J
 John Szalay wrote:At 07:28 AM 8/21/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Other way around, the town is north of the dry lake bed. Actually, the dry
>lake is in California. And unfortunately is in a Desert Conservation
>area...and that may giv e me problems...
>
>mayf

Interesting, I was looking at the dry lake area north of town,
did,nt even notice the one to the southwest.