Fw: Weight matters?

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Weight matters?
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:44:12 -0500
You need more horsepower to go faster, not less weight. 125 MPH is not too
shabby considering your small traditional flathead being drug down by the
torque converter/auto trans.
The best I could muster with the fenders on was 130 when the street roadster
record was 134, so you aren't going to get much more MPH without doing
something drastic (supercharging?).
Dave the Hayseed