Draw bar pins

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Draw bar pins
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 06:36:53 -0400
List,

   I knew I could get some good ideas on draw bar pin security from this bunch
of trailer tuggers.  Sounds like lots of trouble free ideas without any big
concerns about locks rusting and becoming permanent.  If a lock has worked
after exposure to Bonneville salt, the little coastal salt air I get shouldn't
be a problem.  Thanks to all for the input.

   I didn't mention safety chains on the two run-away boats I saw.  The bass
boat guy had rigged his to the draw bar, and they were still securely in place
when they dragged boat and trailer out of the trees.  The other guy was "just
going to the landing" and hadn't hooked them up!  Both are lessons that you'd
rather learn from observing somebody elses mistake.

Chuck