RE: More Tach stuff

To: "'Jim Dincau'" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: RE: More Tach stuff
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:48:18 -0500
Jim;

Some old aircraft systems used a 3-phase AC generator driven off the
distributor to drive an AC remote tach. You could do the same thing with a
small permanent magnet DC motor-- they make good DC generators if they are
shaft-driven. A DC voltmeter then could then read a voltage that would be
proportional to RPM.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ