back home

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: back home
From: "Terry Hunt" <guambomb743@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:45:41 -0700
It's August 28 and Rose and I are finally home. There were 585 messages on
the computer, WOW.  I have not been able to access it since July 5. It was
that date that a typhoon killed the power on Guam for  a couple of weeks. We
left for Templeton,Ca. on July 22 to work on our retirement home. Had the
trenches dug for the infrastructure, etc. Finally worked on the Guam Bomb a
few days before leaving for B/V. The lack of proper preperation hurt us this
year. I did qualify @ 225.6 but could not back it up. We had salt corrosion
problems all week. I'll work on this problem for next year. We did have a
fun time, regardless. Enjoyed visiting with many of you. Thanks for coming
to our pits to say hi. I see that Dan Warner is 2002 200 MPH Man of the
year, a well deserved honor. Personally, thanks for your help and advice
during my LSR career. To my fellow GCRRC member Tom Stewart, congratulations
on your record run and entry in the 200 MPH Club, you earned it. And
finally, thanks to all SCTA/BNI volunteers who make this one of the great
motor sports spectacles on earth and certainally the most socialable. See
you at the Gas Up. Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743