Re: Vintage Engine Milestone

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Engine Milestone
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:28:03 -0700
    Thanks Doug wish you were there...I too was impressed by what Willie did,
gasoline as well.  same for Monte going 203 in a Ardun modified on gas. along
with john Crooke in a ardun lakester on gas  10 yrs ago everyone would not
only have laughed at all of us for what we (you included) have done with
vintage engines.  they would have said we were nuts too.    the hudson guys
with a streamliner with an open cockpit going 250 was also another
milestone...Don III hitting 260 in the middle mile is just what, I think, is
the begining for that car with that group 300??? Patrick says I'm finally go
ng to get a chance to drive next year.  My real dream is that other hat.  but
there are other goals that need to be reached first.........thanks again J.D.