Re: Valve Caps

To: gmc6power@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Valve Caps
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:22:14 -0600
My valve stems are perpendicular to the rim (straight up or otherwise)and my
caps are sealed with an o-ring inside. I don't believe the inner stem will
release air at speed with the aluminum cap and o-ring. They have not so far.
As I mentioned, the bike is designed to run at speed from the showroom. It
is raced at 165 mph down straight a ways on tracks over and over without any
problems. I just want to make sure I have complied with all the rules so I
don't spend lots of dollars and time and then get out to the flats only to
discover I cannot run because something was overlooked.