RE: UK 200 mph Club

To: "'Malcolm Pittwood'" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: UK 200 mph Club
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:39:03 -0700
So, Malcolm, if I can finagle a test ride in the new Enzo Ferrari (219 MPH)
can I get one of those green hats?

Dale C.  :-)

                Subject:        UK 200 mph Club

                Jack and list,

                The UK 200 mph Club has yet to be launched (and the Racing
Green hats made)
                although the aims and objectives have been set out.  Its a
job that would
                take off more easily if we had an event or series of events
such as they do
                at Maxton for land based attempts with cars.  We have events
for bikes and
                boats each year.  Membership would be back dated to 1929 for
historical
                reasons.

                Membership to date would be 7 car drivers, 6 bike riders, 1
boat pilot (as
                we include water records).  Each having achieved records to
National
                British standards.  Also included would be one 300 mph
chapter member and
                one discretionary member (who went supersonic but could not
safely run on a
                UK airfield at representative speed!).  Possibly a few
honorary members,
                who whilst going over 200mph did not set records in the UK.

                Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.