World of Speed ... hopeful

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: World of Speed ... hopeful
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:47:50 -0700
List,

The latest from the salt flats.  Dan drove the timing van and the wire
trailer out today and was on the salt for several hours.  There was a fast
moving cell that went across central Nevada and into Utah.  The heavy cells
missed the salt flats and the skies are clearing the last I heard.  Forecast
for the rest of the week is for highs in the seventies, lows in the fifties
and breezy.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Wes

Salt Condition Update 9/16/02

As I promised, I went to Bonneville today (Monday Sept 16). It was raining
lightly when I arrived. the course is wet, with some areas of standing
water. There is a significant pond at the end of the access road. Even with
Mondays rain there was much less water than I had seen on 9/8/02. Final
decision on whether or not we will have a race course is still pending. I
know many of you are trying to make race preparations and travel plans, and
accurate information is needed. We need a little more time to watch and see
if track conditions will allow racing to begin Friday (9/20/02). A final
decision will be posted here by 6:00 PM Mountian time Tuesday (9/17/02). I
wish I could let you know right now if World of Speed 2002 was On or OFF,
but we are at the mercy of the weather, it will be another 24 hours before
the final decision can be made.

Dan Wright