Fw: GT40 spinner

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: GT40 spinner
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:06:29 -0500
I don't know about aspect ratio but I know the Firestone Bonneville tires
were 11-ply so the sidewall was very stiff and the tread layer was very
thin. We ran Goodyear Frontrunners on the Swamp Rat streamliner and they
definitely were not designed for the salt.  We felt that the sidewalls
flexed way too much giving it a spongy feel. We weren't sure of the traction
either.

Hot rodders have continually changed mechanical engineer's theories
regarding a lot of things and that is what is fun about hot rodding-doing
what appears to be the impossible.
Dave the Hayseed