classic rules

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: classic rules
From: "Terry Hunt" <guambomb743@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:58:15 -0700
It's been a year since the "classic" category was developed. The original
idea was that older coupes had an obvious aerodynamic disadvantage and
should have a separate category. Since most of these cars did not have
electronic fuel injection, that was prohibited, also. This seems reasonable
to me. During the rule changing process some additional prohibitions were
added. I'm not sure that these additional prohibitions were wise or
necessary. It's rule making time again and perhaps we should be thinking
about making some reasonable adjustments. I know that Keith would like to
use data recording for example. I don't see why not in this category. Lets
keep our eye on the ball. AERODYNAMICS is the big differance.

I am thinking about changing or adding components to my cars electrical
system. Before I do I like some clarifacation regarding a sentense from the
"classic" category rules. "sensor controlled engine management systems with
feedback loop" are NOT allowed.
Would a vacuum advance distributor fall under this rule? Can I use an
ignition retard system? They can be activated manually with a switch or
automatically by RPM. There are boost activated retards for blown engines.
The systems are relatively inexpensive and can increase performance as well
as saving your motor from distruction.  Dan and list, what do you think?
Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743