Exploding airbags

To: "Email list reply & post" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exploding airbags
From: "Tom Shannon" <Saltfever@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:38:00 -0600
List;

My 2002 Silverado owners manual states: "Air bag will deploy only if the
impact speed is above the systems designed "Threshold level". If your
vehicle goes straight into a wall that doesn't move or deform, the
threshold level is about 9-16mph, but that threshold level can vary with
specific vehicle design. So it could be somewhat above or below this
average. If your vehicle strikes something that will deform or move, such
as a parked car, the threshold level will be higher."
Those who use a front hitch for a push bar, with no bumper contact, have
told me they've had no probs. I could pull my air bag fuse as it has its
own circuit. So maybe I should ask the crash dummies Vince & Larry ?
Thanks Everyone,
Tom Shannon
Salt Lake City

--- Tom Shannon(Salt Lake City)