Re: Texas boys on a visit

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Texas boys on a visit
From: BB <bernien2@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:32:58 -0500
 Hi Malcolm,
   Glad to hear that Jim and Karl were able to stager back to their hotel.
Only kidding. I KNOW that since this trip is a working trip that they
wouldn't do much in the way of drinking or any other distraction. Dedicated
group!! Can't wait to hear all about it when they get back. Got the push
rods on time, as usual from CV Products. Good bunch to deal with. Thanks for
entertaining the guys. Looking foreword to meeting you on the salt, or at
the BBQ joint.
   Later, Bernie

Hey Guys (and the list),
Karl and Jim have returned to their Derby hotel.  They say its to prepare
for their business meeting Monday morning......I think it was because of
the diet Cola and Diet Lemonade they had to drink all night.  They declined
the English tea when it was offered as well.
Bench racing at its best - not too much BS needed to be shovelled up
afterwards.  We even discussed Mr Purple Firesuit -  KT, and others on the
list and those at Speedweek 2002!!
They were pleased about the parts and tires etc, but Jim wanted news about
pushrods?  I will not see them tomorrow but they will be back in the USA on
Tuesday to find out more details.
Its hard to beat meeting racers who tow about 1800 miles to get to their
chosen racing venue - I used to find 250 miles bad enough over here!
Good luck to your team at World of Speed if the salt is dry enough for the
big red pickup.  If you go to Maxton I hope you enjoy the welcome from the
Carolinian (?) folk from ECTA.
Regards,
Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.
ps its twelve months to the weekend that Jane, Don and I were part of the
16 Rowdies invited by a law officer to leave the BBQ restaurant in
Laurinberg.  Good memories!