Indy..GP ..2002

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Indy..GP ..2002
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:55:03 EDT
<PRE>Hi race fans,......................... Thought I'd give a brief idea of my
week-end at Bernie's ( Ecclestone ), U.S.Gran Prix that is. We got slightly
shafted on housing, slept in a really red-neck pick-up camper, showered cold
water out-side, shared a porta-potty w/ 18 strangers and really didn't sleep
a lot. Everybody within a mile of the Track was screaming, shooting off
fireworks, or drunken into a stupor ,  or all three, all night. Sunday, race
day morn was the best. An explosion from a nuclear howitzer went off at 6 am
to gently arouse us from our 47 minute nap, followed by a patriotic Bruce
Springsteen tune. I hate him now...the museum was amazing, and the event was
great,  except for the Ferrari Alphonse/Gaston act at the end , again
......This year Ive been to hill-climbs,drags, auto-X, Pro-rally, and a Gran
Prix....LSR is the best, period...Oh, yeah, did ya ever have Fruit-loops w/
Foster's ?  ....breakfast,Indy style... Bob , just got my body back from the
steam cleaners,Wanner