FYI and etiquette

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: FYI and etiquette
From: Elon Ormsby <ormsby1@llnl.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:12:48 -0700
For those that don't know, our kind list administrator provides the option
of getting this list in DIGEST format.  That means you get only ONE email
for the entire day.  Mark basically concatenates all of your individual
messages into one mailing.  It is a great feature (thanks Mark) especially
if you are not at the computer all day long. A real plus is, during one
sitting, you can follow the thread (most of the time) instead of randomly
trying to make sense out of various topics as they come through
sporadically through-out the day. A humongous NEGATIVE is that all of the
unnecessary verbiage is attached from contributors that don't bother to
edit out the crap from their reply.  Since I have raised this issue in the
past, I am posting this in the hopes you will understand why it is a issue.
Perhaps you didn't know about the DIGEST format.  When you simply reply
back with the entire message (instead of just the "meat" ) it multiplies
the "Digest" into a unwieldy document.  Out of consideration to your digest
buddies I would like to suggest that contributors only include a sentence
or two (only enough to allow continuity of the thread) from the original
message you are replying to.  No flames please. . . . I will not mention
this again until '04.  Thank you for your consideration  - Elon