Maxton report?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton report?
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:39:55 -0500
List,

   Sunday evening already and not a single Maxton update.  I left early
Saturday afternoon and can report that the event was very well attended, and
that the weather was very pleasant.  Lots of new folks and strange new
machines, along with the regulars who make each event a land-speed family
reunion.  The only report I can give is that Willie Glass went out early
after a stuck throttle at the starting line caused some damage to the
clutch.  "It's been too good for too long" he said, as they towed the car
back to the trailer.

   I look forward to some record news, and hope that all the racers had a
safe event and arrive home safely.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA