Weekend Results?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weekend Results?
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:39:31 -0800
Well, my computer has been very quiet today. What is going on? Did everyone
go somewhere today? How was El Mirage? Did John make it from ECTA? Anybody
else come west?

I spent the weekend looking for a massive oil leak around the oil filter
adapter on the 95 TownCar. Oil would pour out in a stream, not drops. I
removed the oil filter adapter and the gasket is on of those gask-o-seal
thingys. You know, with o ring type seals on the gaskets and crush
preventers at each boly. This adapter also has the lower radiator connection
built in. The o ring around that opening looks pretty pristene and bouncd
right back looking like it could be reused. However, the two sealing
surfaces around the oil filter supply and return look flattened. Not
reuseable. Don't know it this is it or not, but on the morrow I will be off
to the Merc dealer to get a replacement. Cannot for the life of me find
anything else.... any ideas? Anybody with 4.6L mod motor that has had a
similar problem? Car only has 105K miles and still runs good...

mayf, the lonely boy in Pahrump...