Re: Corvette info

To: landspeedracer <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Corvette info
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:22:56 -0700
That is a real shame.... He was really a good ole boy. The
first time we met, (WOS, about 96 or so) he saw that I didn't
have a crew & that Linda & I were struggling to get on the
line, belted in etc. (still the case) and offered to help. So
for 3 days he helped drive the truck, push the car, etc. He
didn't do the internet, so occasionally I would get letters
from him written on the back of scrap paper, old envelopes
etc. What a colorful guy...... Linda Vaughn (my heartthrob
when she was Miss Hurst in the '60's) announces Pro Stock at
the Nationals here in Phoenix every year & I always ask her
about Forrest & she lights up like a Christmas tree talking
about him. Forrest used to brag that he dated her, when I
asked Linda if that was true she said "Shoot! Forrest is my
cousin!) I always knew those Georgia folks were close ;-)  He
left one of his business cards on my truck windshield last
year at SpeedWeek....The last "contact" we had. Wish I had
written to him now........
Ed

>Ed
>
>Lionel confirmed today that Forrest died about six months
ago. His son has