Re: Honest Charley bit of Nostalgia

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honest Charley bit of Nostalgia
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:19:12 -0800 (PST)
Back then ('54?) , WCKY was one of the first mega watt stations in the country.
They claimed they could be heard from coast to coast, I don't know about that,
but I picked it up fine after dark in Massachusetts.  The NY station that
carried the Alan Freed show would fade out a lot, but not Big John R.  Also,
Big John R refused to call it Rock and Roll, ro even Rock.  He called it "Movin
and Groovin" music.
Dick J
 ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:Dick, I had my trusty copy of Honest Charley's
catalog in the mid-'50s,
too, but that's the first time I ever heard he sponsored a show on a
rock radio station. I was in Minneapolis and we didn't have it there.
Bill