RE: Close ratio memories

To: "'wmtsmith@landracing.com'" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>,
Subject: RE: Close ratio memories
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:06:17 -0600
Bill;

Those Olds 442s were pretty neat cars. There was a dealer- prepared one that
ran at the Richmond (VA) Dragway back in the mid-sixties and it was class
winner most of the time.

Yeah, I ran a 3.90 limited-slip rear end in my GTO, too. There was a '66 GTO
that ran a 4.33 who I could never beat at Eastside Speedway in Waynesboro,
VA. He brought it to the strip in a trailer-- I just drove mine to the
track, put in a fresh set of J12Y plugs, put on my M & H Racemasters,
uncapped the Jardine headers and headed to the staging line. It was always
really close, though.

I sure wonder what ever happened to that car. It was unmistakeable with a
pair of 4537 aircraft landing lights mounted up front where the grill had
been.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ