Pearl Harbor .......... LEST WE FORGET

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Pearl Harbor .......... LEST WE FORGET
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:52:12 EST
         Today marks the anniversary of the the attack on the US Naval Base
and nearby Army installations at Pearl Harbor in The Hawaiian Islands .......
                                     Sixty One Years Ago .
   This was the real start of America's involvement in World War II, which
most
historians regard as the single most significant event of the Twentieth
Century .
        Some of us on this list might recall it, as I do, others may have
been too
young to remember this, and, no doubt, many here were yet to be born .
          ALL of us, even those friends of ours in other countries, have had
their
lives altered by this, and I would like to ask all of you to just stop and
think
for a few moments of all the brave men and women, many very young in years,
of the entire allied forces that fought and won this war .  These people, and
others that followed in ther footsteps in later wars and military actions,
gave us
the very freedom which we enjoy today .  We can never thank them enough .
        We live today in a world even more dangerous than that of 1941.
We only have to look back as far as September 11th of 2001, or the latest
terrorist bombing anywhere on the globe, to see that we must be eternally
vigilant and ready to resist those people who would take our very freedom
and heritage from us ......... Please give a thought to saying Thank You
and giving a smile and a handshake to any and all war veterans and
military personnel you might run into during this Holiday Season ........
and anytime at all !    We owe these folks so very, very much ........
              God Bless America, Land that ( We ) Love !!!!!
  Thank You All ........ Happy Holidays to Each And Every One of You !!!
              Bruce Ferguson, on the Connecticut shoreline
     ----- THE  PRICE  OF  FREEDOM  IS  ETERNAL  VIGILANCE -----