RE: non lsr --johnny come lately's

To: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, "John Szalay"
Subject: RE: non lsr --johnny come lately's
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:01:30 -0600
I agree with Bill.

When they closed it down, some national news service said they were closing
down "the oldest business in Texas" (forget when they said it was
established, but seems like it was well over 100 years old).

I remember because my wife is a 5th-gen Texan, and she got totally irate
when I told her the government was closing down the "oldest business in
Texas". I baited her about that for about ten minutes, and she was ready to
ring some legislator or lawman's neck.  Then she got around to asking what
the business was.

She's also a lifelong "church-lady".  Thought she was gonna kill me!

Russ, #1226