RE: Age is irrelevant.

To: "'Dana'" <dana@goulston.net>, "'Land Speed'"
Subject: RE: Age is irrelevant.
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:01:18 -0500
As you might know, the sole requirement for admission to Mensa is the
ability to score at or above the 98th percentile on an accepted "IQ" test.
(Yeah, and the ability to pay dues, yeah..., although those CAN be waived)

But said high score just proves the test-taker has something similar to a
high-horsepower brain.  It in no way implies that said brain does much for
the owner.  I liken this to the fact that a high-horsepower vehicle can
still get stuck in the mud (or can't put the power to the Salt) and spin up
the wheels to no damn good.

Jon

PS  I'd seen the quiz before -- got it right this time, finally...