RE: Cryogenics

To: "'ddahlgren@snet.net'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Cryogenics
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:00:24 -0600
Dave;

Yes, if strength is a requirement, tooling plate is not a good choice!

I'll bet there is a difference in locked-in stress in wrought aluminum plate
depending on whether you machine with the grain or across it. Maybe rough
machining the 2024 T4 and then heat cycling it to stress relieve it before
finish machining would help. Maybe.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ