FW: 400 mph Chapter

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: 400 mph Chapter
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:29:26 -0800
My 2-cents.

Instead of creating chapters for each increment over 300 ... how about two
things:

1. A 400+ chapter. That should capture everyone ... let's face it anything
over 400 is DAMN fast. How about the DF club (just kidding). Really a 400+
club or something similar would show recognition to the greats. I propose no
restriction on wheel driven or otherwise ... just damn fast.

2. I propose a new trophy to be awarded at the annual banquet. It's hard to
put one person's name on it, but in my opinion, it should be someone who has
blazed trails in our avocation ... Don Vesco would be my choice because he's
the only one I can think of who has made marks in 2 and 4 wheels (sorry Rick
Y. you're too young ;^)

The trophy could be awarded to:
a. Someone who has achieved records (to be defined) in 2 and 4 wheels over
their lifetime ... or

b. Someone who has joined the 400+ club that year (how many are there each
year?) ...

c. Or something noteworthy that's not recognized in the other awards and
symbolizes the efforts put forth by Don.

Phew!

Dana