RE: What and where?

To: "W S Potter" <wester6935@attbi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What and where?
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:19:33 -0600
Wes:
don't miss the museum at the Speedway, itself.  Excellent old cars-- most,
but not all, were Indy racers.  My favorite was a FWD Miller, last qualified
for the 500 around 1947, by one "Roland Free"-- you know, the guy famous for
going 150mph on the old Vincent-- riding in "Superman position", in his swim
trunks and his wife's bathing cap-- Our "Rollie" Free!

Wish I was going, too.  I have not YET seen the Auburn/ Cord/ Duesey museum,
either.  Have fun, and tell us all about it.

Russ, #1226B