Re: ON THE ROAD

To: <jkamo@rap.midco.net>, Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: ON THE ROAD
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:03:11 -0800
Just guessing but ...

on 12/26/02 3:23 PM, jkamo@rap.midco.net at jkamo@rap.midco.net wrote:

> Why is it that narrow tires work a hell
> of alot better than wide tires
> on the slippery non wet road surfaces of winter???

When she was Denise McLuggage she wrote a treatise on the subject using her
MG TC as the example of this phenomenon.  You might find it in your local
library.

> why is it that cars stop faster and straighter on
> ice by using modern electronics to take control of
> an important function like braking??

Better feedback from the tires to the sensors than from the tires to the
steering wheel to your brain.

> Why is it that cat taste like chicken?

Probably depends on their diet.

> Why did my daughter use a Carrillo rod
> for her crafts???

Because her dad had more bent ones around the shop?