Re: Bonneville Road Race

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville Road Race
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:52:27 -0800
Thoughts?  Yes!

After being a course watcher for the races out of Ely I hope this race has
better safety communications.  I didn't go to Ely last year because I didn't
want to be watching a disaster and not being able to go help. Wendover to
Ely is 120 miles so the race will use the hilly part but avoid the 50 or so
miles of straight road that could be scary on speeds.

Ed does sound really good going by, 100 feet away, at 150 mph however.  I
really respect the fact that he places as well as he does without a
navigator.  He claims he just puts his foot down and leaves it there and
averages 150 for the 90 miles ... RIGHT!

Wes