Lark sleeper

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lark sleeper
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:11:36 -0800
List; Some may remember I have a '62 Lark which I use to embarrass dot-com BMW
drivers when my ego needs a stroke. As which all such things the Stude needs
occasional repair. Most recently the OEM rear end died and got replaced with a
narrowed 9 inch and ladder bars. At the same time I sprung for a killer
aluminum cross flow radiator to get it to run cooler.
So I went to the Texaco station for gas and drove down Old County Road to the
light at Ralston to hit the freeway and try it out. On the sidewalk were 5 or
6 kids on bikes waiting to cross. They started yelling "Burnout, Burnout.
Light-um-up. Spin the tires"         So are 9 year olds cooler than dot-com
BMW guys or has the sleeper image been lost?              Rich Fox