Re: Topics...

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Topics...
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 06:49:22 -0500
If the manifold is used it is almost impossible to weld at times. The oil is way
too deep into the pores.. The guys that weld for me will generally not work on a
used one or if they do it is $$$$$$$$$$.... get some scraps of clean aluminum to
practice on first. Joe T i am sure has some cleaning tips but before i bring
something to the weld shop I do the following..
MEK lots of it.
blow off with compressed air
Wash with simple green at 50 to 100% concentration from the bottle and HOT water
rinse with lots of HOT water..
air dry
Dave